December 25, 2021
My Daily Reminders
- Yawning and involuntary stretching is nature's cue here. I start my day with stretches, even if it is just 5 minutes. I find that small, consistent goals give the most significant sustainable achievement.
- Revive & invigorate with a glass of hot water first thing in the morning. It is warming and soothing and gives me a sense of "alive"—a good reminder to reflect on the incredible power and perfection in how our body works.
- Do some deep conscious breathing. Even if it is just three breaths, do it every day.
- Start the day with something creative. The most innovative aspect of my work, and that certainly is not admin or email checking! Everything else just flows after.
- You are not your mind. To become the observer, watch your thoughts and emotions and think about who the observer is.
- Remember, in 20 years from now, whatever you're worried about at this moment will be relatively insignificant.
- Engage with your five senses to bring you to the present moment. Remind yourself that this moment is all that there is. Relish in that when you get it.
- Be impeccable with your word.